Wednesday 19 April 2017

Stop the drama over the recovered $50m found in Ikoyi apartment- Bishop Kukah to EFCC

The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew
Hassan Kukah has asked the EFCC to immediately stop the
drama the recovered $50 million found in an apartment in
Ikoyi Lagos state last week has generated, describing it as
embarassing.

Speaking at a national anti-money laundering / counter
financing of terrorism sensitization seminar by the Inter-
governmental Action group against Money laundering in West
Africa (GIABA) in Kaduna today, Kukah said the inability of
the antigraft agency to disclose the owner of the recovered
loot is a dent on the nation's image.
“I feel more demoralized and very humiliated as a
Nigerian but the confusion is that we are dealing with
monies that are of the sizable of budget of some
African states. I think it’s unthinkable that we are
having such money running into billions of naira and
we don’t know who owned such monies. Frankly like I
said if I were a foreigner my respect for Nigeria will
dwindles seriously. Even me as a Nigerian I feel quite
violated and I don’t really know if all this theatre is
the best way to go. I think that the agencies
concerned should have less dramatic but effective
way of telling us the work they are doing, rather than
this endless washing of linen whose owners we don’t
know. It’s not helping the fight”he said

0 coment�rios: