Thursday 6 April 2017

Photos: Man kills his 83 year old Uncle over land dispute in Enugu

The Enugu state police command have arrested Daniel Ekemezie, pictured above, a father of two and an acclaimed mathematics teacher with ukpata community secondary school in uzouwani Local Government Area of Enugu Coalcity state, for killing his 83 year old uncle, Patrick Odoh, over land dispute.


According to a statement released by the state police command, Daniel, left his home in Ukpata Community of Uzouwani Local Government Area of Enugu state on March 4th to attack his Uncle.

According to the suspect, he left to his uncle's place with the intention to ensure that he is sent to the great beyond in other to settle their age long family land dispute. He disclosed that on getting to the place, he woke his uncle up and informed him that he has an issue to discuss with him. When the aged man woke up, Daniel tied his mouth with cloths to avoid shouting and whisked him quietly that evening to Iyimkpafu/Ofiakputu forest at Ukpata where he tied him on to a tree with a rope and left him till 8th march 2017 when according to him, the victim was seen to have given up the ghost.

He further disclosed that on noticing that the victim was dead, he hurriedly buried him in a shallow grave and left.

The Enugu state police command through its operatives of the Anti Kidnapping Unit acting on intelligence information promptly nabbed the suspect who disclosed what allegedly transpired between him and his late uncle and claiming that they have been in an agelong land dispute. He has taken the police to the forest where he buried his Uncle.

Apologizing for committing such heinous crime, Daniel blamed the devil.
"I want to tell people to distance themselves from any issue of dragging of lands because it can lead to loss of lives and properties. I want the son of late Pa Patrick odoh to forgive me and even take the land. I am ready to leave the land for them. I am regretting my action now.I recently lost my wife and I am left alone with my two kids.God please help me"he said