Thursday 6 April 2017

Photos: "I cheated death!" Burn survivor shares her powerful story

The journey of recovering from a burn injury often comes with mental, emotional and physical pain. Burn survivor, Julie took to Instagram to share her powerful story in other to strengthen and inspire others who are also on the recovery journey. See one of her posts after the cut...



"When I first got burned I made the decision to be honest and open about recovery mentally and physically. I made it my business to share my experience because I learned that so many more people in this world struggled with accepting themselves whether it was internal or external scarring. I never wanted people to think this was easy but I also didn't want them to think this was something they couldn't overcome. These 8 months have been a rollercoaster. My world was changing and I had to catch up. In my eyes I wanted things to move faster than they was. Time and time again the people around me would stress the importance of being patient! Time is a great teacher and life never goes as planned. 8 months later I've learned to trust time. Things won't usually go how we imagine or when we expected but the timing is always right. When we least expect it our lives can change and if we are patient enough to learn the lessons being taught, it can become a beautiful experience. #burnsurvivor
More photos below...